Re: Starting Sound in Mathematica for Windows

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg13168] Re: Starting Sound in Mathematica for Windows
  • From: dreissNOSPAM at nospam.earthlink.net (David Reiss)
  • Date: Mon, 13 Jul 1998 07:42:17 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,

There are *many* more option settings for Mathematica than appear in
menu items.  The option inspector give s you access to  the full suite
of these.

1) From The "Format" menu choose "Option Inspector..."

2) In the option inspector, for "Show option values for", choose
"Global" from the pull-down menu.

3) Open the item "Global Options" and then open the subitem  "System
Configuration"

4) Change "Startup Sound" to "False"

The startup sound should now be disabled...

--David

--
David Reiss
dreissNOSPAM at nospam.earthlink.net
http://home.earthlink.net/~dreiss
To send personal email, remove the words  "nospam" and "NOSPAM" from the
email address