3DGraphics color problem

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg13159] 3DGraphics color problem
  • From: robpetersonSPAMME at iname.com
  • Date: Mon, 13 Jul 1998 07:42:09 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I have been doing some 3D plots, like Plot3D and I find that the
surfaces are plotted in various colors.  These colors make a great mess
when copied or faxed.  I have been trying for some time to find the
option which will drop all of this color and simply do a black/white
gridded surface which will fax nicely.  I've tried Lighting,
ColorFunction, DefaultColor, and a bunch of others and all I can
achieve is to make the surface completely black -- which is worse. Can
some kind soul give me a hint of what to do to get rid of all that
damned color and/or black and white shading which kills plots?

Thanks, Rob