What's the Play picture?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg13319] What's the Play picture?
- From: murray at math.umass.edu (Murray Eisenberg)
- Date: Mon, 20 Jul 1998 02:49:34 -0400
- Organization: University of Massachusetts, Amherst
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Evaluating a Play expression in Mathematica produces a graphic image in the notebook. At least for some Play-ed functions the top part of this image seems to be the sequence of superimposed wave fronts representing the sampled sound. Is that correct, and can you describe EXACTLY what is displayed there. Further, what are the darker, denser bands that always appear at the bottom of this image? -- Murray Eisenberg Internet: murray at math.umass.edu Mathematics & Statistics Dept. Voice: 413-545-2859 (W) University of Massachusetts 413-549-1020 (H) Amherst, MA 01003 Fax: 413-545-1801