PlotLabel in 3D

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg13351] PlotLabel in 3D
  • From: eds at (E. Schmidt)
  • Date: Mon, 20 Jul 1998 02:50:05 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

Hallo World!

Where and what should I set (Mathematica 3.0 on Win95) to see the label

on my 3D plot?

Now "t", "=" and "0.5" are written from the same position This can be
traced in PS file produced by Display[] command. For "t" and "0.5" the
font "Times" is used for "=" -> Math1Mono
and PostScript makes moveto to the same position before plotting them.
Not all chars are treated as ASCII.
How can I say to Mathematica:
  Please, don't be SO clever, simply print this string AS IS...
  or make it with your funny font but correct...

By the way, without PlotRegion some axes labels and PlotLabel are cut by
the bounding box in FrontEnd graphics and are not in the output PS
file. I suppose the area covered by text does not contribute to the
bounding box at all. How can I fix this?

Thanks in advance