Re: Up N' Down values.

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg13380] Re: [mg13240] Up N' Down values.
  • From: "Carl K.Woll" <carlw at>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Jul 1998 02:50:45 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

Hi Gadi,

You ask a couple of questions about the Utilities`Notation` package.
First, make sure you have the latest one, the one with Symbolize on the
menu. If you don't, download it from

The documentation for this package can be found by going to the help,
and looking up

Getting Started/Demos | Demos | Notebook Demos | Notation Maker

In this notebook under the introduction, you will find a link to the
full documentation. This should give you a lot more information. As far
as symbolizing d_1 through d_100, just add a blank to your d_n (i.e.,
something like d_n_ where the first _ means subscript and the second _
is the blank). It's a little difficult to write down exactly what you
should type, but I hope you get the idea.

Good luck!

Carl Woll
Dept of Physics
U of Washington