Re: Q: Graphics3D

Ulf Saalmann wrote:

> Hello,
>
> using the following functions

> Needs["Graphics`Shapes`"];
>
> SetOptions[Graphics3D,LightSources->{}];
>
> a=Graphics3D[TranslateShape[Sphere[],{+1,0,0}],
>              AmbientLight->RGBColor[1,0,0]];
> b=Graphics3D[TranslateShape[Sphere[],{-1,0,0}],
>              AmbientLight->RGBColor[0,1,0]];
>
> Show[{a,b}];
>
> Mathematica shows two red spheres.
>
> (1) Why I don't get a red and green one?
>
> (2) How to obtain a red and green one (with Lightning->True)?
>
> Thanks for any help.    Ulf (us at mpipks-dresden.mpg.de)

The problem is that the AmbientLight option can have only one setting
(in this case red) for both plots when they are compined. In order to
have a red and green sphere, define white LightSources and make the
surface of the spheres red and green respectively. (With a simple color
directive in front of the shapes or with the more sophisticated
SurfaceColor directive.)

Hope that helps

Martin