Re: Q: Graphics3D

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg13396] Re: [mg13320] Q: Graphics3D
  • From: "Jens-Peer Kuska" <kuska at>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Jul 1998 03:32:39 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

Hi Ulf,

general to color surfaces You must use the SurfaceColor[] primitive. The
following shows Your colored spheres:

To question (1)
The default surface color of Mathematica objects is white.  AmbientLight
is a undirected enviroment light, and if You  look onto a white body
with a red light it looks red. If You look at a white body with green
light it looks green.  Thats why You see a red and a green sphere in
Your a and b graphics. If You combine two graphics objects the options
for display are taken from the first graphics object. So the
combination uses the red ambient light of  graphics a and the two white
spheres look red.

Hope that helps