Re: EPS save

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg13442] Re: EPS save
  • From: paulh (P.J. Hinton)
  • Date: Fri, 24 Jul 1998 01:45:31 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

In article <6p6ocu$56s at smc.vnet.net>, Ilias Stergiou
<nospam-I.Stergiou at dcs.shef.ac.uk> writes:

|>         when I run the following: |> g=ListPlot[{1,2,3,4},
AxesLabel->{"some(thing)", "some(thingelse)"}] |>
|> the parenthesis look fine but when I save it using |>
|> Display["c:/tst.eps", g, "EPS"];
|>
|> instead of "(" I get "H" and instead of ")" I get "L"  on both the |>
printer and ghostview.

|> The same happens if I use \[RawLeftParenthesis] and |>
\[RawRightParenthesis]

|> Do you know why?
|>
|> I also noticed lots of problems when I try to save landscape with |>
ImageRotated->True

The problem is probably that you have configured neither your PostScript
printer nor Ghostscript (the thing that's rendering PostScript for
GSView) to use the Math fonts that come with Mathematica.

Go see the FAQs at URLs:

http://www.wolfram.com/support/Graphics/Formats/EPS/Ghostscript.html

http://www.wolfram.com/support/Systems/Windows/ManualFontDownload.html

The first cover's adjusting Ghostscript.  The second deals with the
issue of downloading Type 1 fonts to the printer.

|> I also noticed lots of problems when I try to save landscape with |>
ImageRotated->True

Could you give a more precise description of what you mean by
"problems"?

--
P.J. Hinton
Mathematica Programming Group		paulh at wolfram.com Wolfram Research,