Re: $BatchOutput

On 23 Jul 1998, Tobias Oed wrote:

> 	I'd like to know how I can get mathematica ( 3.0 for HP-UX PA-RISC )
> in a state where $BatchOutput is True. Or is this only the case when
> mathematica is called to function in MathLink mode ? thanks Tobias

If you invoke the Mathematica kernel with the command line flag
"-batchoutput", this will set the session variable $BatchOutput to
True.

Here is the contents of an input file for a batch operation:

AppendTo[$Echo, "stdout"]
$BatchOutput

Here is the command line invocation of the kernel:

math -batchoutput < infile > outfile

Here is the contents of outfile after execution:

" Cannot initialize Motif graphics "

{"stdout"}
$BatchOutput
True