Re: installing new packages in mathematica
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg13486] Re: installing new packages in mathematica
- From: "Allan Hayes" <hay at haystack.demon.cc.uk>
- Date: Sun, 26 Jul 1998 02:33:45 -0400
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Jordan Milev wrote in message <6p98v9$b9b at smc.vnet.net>... >Hello! I have an econometrics package written for Mathematica, which >I'd like to install on my system. I'd like to be able to call it with ><< just as I do other add-on packages. What is the best way to install >seamlessly such a package? Do I need to change any settings in >Mathematica initialization files so that Mathematica knows where to >look for it? Thanks in advance for the help! > >Jordan > > Jordan, Put the package code in a text file with extension .m (for example mypackage.m, see the posting writing programs, P.J.Hinton, 7/24/98) and put this file in the folder .... Mathematica > 3.0 > AddOns > ExtraPackages (maybe in a folder MyPackages).