Subscript and the Sorcerer's Apprentice 2
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg13533] Subscript and the Sorcerer's Apprentice 2
- From: Tom Burton <tburton at brahea.com>
- Date: Fri, 31 Jul 1998 04:33:41 -0400
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
It was always a little hard to accept the notion that I could exhaust my virtual memory solely with definitions attached to Subscript. It now appears that the bigger problem was a bug in MathKernel.exe (so far, corrected in the new version I downloaded from the WRI web site). My extravagant list of definitions assigned to Subscript was a minor player: by scrupulously cleaning it up, I could sometimes delay the "Out of Memory" condition; that's all. How about extending a bit of artistic license to my version of "The Sorcerer's Apprentice"?