Subscript and the Sorcerer's Apprentice 2

It was always a little hard to accept the notion that I could exhaust my
virtual memory solely with definitions attached to Subscript.

It now appears that the bigger problem was a bug in MathKernel.exe (so
far, corrected in the new version I downloaded from the WRI web site).
My extravagant list of definitions assigned to Subscript was a minor
player: by scrupulously cleaning it up, I could sometimes delay the
"Out of Memory" condition; that's all.

How about extending a bit of artistic license to my version of "The
Sorcerer's Apprentice"?