Reading a file
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg13534] Reading a file
- From: Roger Mason <rmason at sparky2.esd.mun.ca>
- Date: Fri, 31 Jul 1998 04:33:42 -0400
- References: <email@example.com>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I am trying to read simple 2-column ASCII data into Mathematica 3.0. The
code is given below.
The files are of variable length so I want to trap the EndOfFile
returned by Read to exit the While loop. I have tried several variants
(e.g. enclosing EndOfFile in quotes but when I have the If statement
inside While the list temp
is always returned empty, even though the counter (i) reaches 250.
What is wrong with the code?
Any help will be much appreciated.
Prev by Date:
Re: discrete math, how many zeroes in 125!
Next by Date:
Re: Packages Search Path: how to set it?
Previous by thread:
problem with Needs[ ] command
Next by thread:
displaying animation grahps in one place