Re: Packages Search Path: how to set it?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg13493] Re: Packages Search Path: how to set it?
- From: paulh (P.J. Hinton)
- Date: Fri, 31 Jul 1998 04:33:13 -0400
- Organization: Wolfram Research, Inc.
- References: <email@example.com>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
In article <6peavu$i50 at smc.vnet.net>, "Ionel Simionescu" <ionel at psy.uva.nl> writes: |> Is there a clean, standard way to set up the packages search path such |> as Get["context`"] |> will (also) look in custom directories? |> |> I would like to avoid tweaking directly the sysinit.m |> if possible. The safest place is probably the kernel's init.m file. It's not clear from your posting what version of Mathematica you are using. Under version 2.2, adding packages to your system required some hand editing of init.m, but version 3.0 introduced several possibilities for installing shared and private copies of packages so that you didn't have to alter $Path. If you could provide more specific version information, we might be able to suggest some courses of action for you. -- P.J. Hinton Mathematica Programming Group paulh at wolfram.com Wolfram Research, Inc. http://www.wolfram.com/~paulh/ Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are those of the author alone.