Re: 3D graphs/coord. axes

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg12689] Re: 3D graphs/coord. axes
  • From: Martin Kraus <mkraus at theorie3.physik.uni-erlangen.de>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Jun 1998 02:20:44 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Russell.E.Goodman wrote:

> Hello all...
>
> I have a quick question I'm sure someone knows the answer to:
>
> I'm plotting alot of 3D graphs for my class to look at but I don't want
> a box around the graph, I want to have the coordinate axes in their
> typical position.  i.e. like when you draw the x-y-z axes on a
> chalkboard, all eminating from the same point in 3-space.  Any help??
>
> Russ Goodman
> University of Oklahoma Mathematics
> rgoodman at ou.edu

Well, the possibilities with the Boxed and Axes options have been
discussed in other replies, but in order to have the axes  right in the
middle of the plot, the following notebook  in MathSource might be of
interest:

http://www.mathsource.com/cgi-bin/MathSource/Enhancements/Graphics/3D/0202-408

Hope that helps

Martin Kraus