Re: How to get PostScript file in text mode.
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg12711] Re: How to get PostScript file in text mode.
- From: "P.J. Hinton" <paulh>
- Date: Wed, 3 Jun 1998 02:21:02 -0400
- Organization: Wolfram Research, Inc.
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <Pine.SUN.3.95.980602124604.2846Femail@example.com>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
On Tue, 2 Jun 1998, Jacek Pliszka wrote regarding the use of Show to combine graphics in a shell-based interface to the kernel: > Yes it works. Previously I had no way to check since I didn't > know how to output to file. I only get a lot of messages like: > > LinkObject::linkx: > Argument LinkObject[motifps -mathlink -linkmode ParentConnect, 1, 1] in > LinkWrite[<<2>>] is not an open LinkObject. > > Does anybody know how to get rid of them? The X Window graphics, generated by the kernel when the DISPLAY environment variable is set, are handled by a MathLink program called motifps. motifps has crashed or exited for some reason either before or during the time when the kernel is attempting to write data to motifps. If this problem is reproducible, you may want to send an example to Technical Support (support at wolfram.com) with the license number (obtained by evaluating $LicenseID in the kernel) so that they can attempt to characterize the bug. -- P.J. Hinton Mathematica Programming Group paulh at wolfram.com Wolfram Research, Inc. http://www.wolfram.com/~paulh/ Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are those of the author alone.