Re: Colors for 3D Curves

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg12829] Re: [mg12820] Colors for 3D Curves
  • From: Alfred Gray <gray at>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Jun 1998 18:15:07 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

You need to add the coloring function as a fourth component, as in the
following example:

To get a solid red helix, substitute RGBColor[1,0,0] for Hue[t/(8Pi)].

Coloring curves with ParametricPlot3D allows you to vary the color, but
using the PlotStyle option with 2-dimensional graphics functions, you
can only use solid colors.

Alfred Gray

Visit the galleries of surfaces and curves:

Just published: Modern Differential Geometry of Curves and Surfaces,
Second Edition.  CRC Press, December 1997.