Extracting Polynomial Coefficients

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg12827] Extracting Polynomial Coefficients
  • From: Thomas Bell <tombell at>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Jun 1998 18:15:06 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

I have a very long polynomial that's a function of about 10 variables.
I can group the terms using the function call

MonomialList[equation, variableList,

The output of this function call, however, still has the variables in
it.  I'd like to extract only the coefficients without the variables
and print them to a file.  There are MANY terms in the list, and naming
individual terms isn't practical.

Thanks in advance.