- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg12852] small problem.
- From: phpcp <phpcp at csv.warwick.ac.uk>
- Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 00:27:55 -0400
- Organization: University of Warwick, UK
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I want to choose a definition of a function by the vlaues of its
argument. So I can use :
a0[t_] := t^2 - t^3/5./;t<0.001;a0[t_] := t^2/;t>=0.001
This works fine. But if the function definition (or form or whatever) is
a bit more complicated as follows :
solution = Solve[s0^4 + s0 t + 1 == 0,s0]; chi0[x_] :=
x/;x<0.01;chi0[x_] := (solution[[3,1,2]]/.t -> x)/;x>=0.01
It doesnt work. Any ideas?
thanks in advance,
Prev by Date:
Next by Date:
Adding Menu Items to Front End
Previous by thread:
Next by thread:
Re: small problem.