greek symbols in eps files

Does anyone know how I can get greek symbols, used in axes labels, to
appear in an eps output file?
They appear if I use the PCL file format (using Display[..]), but not in
ps or eps. I want to use the mathematica produced graphs in a latex
document and so really need to use eps.

I even tried avaoiding special symbols but it appears even "(" and ")"
are regarded as special symbols in v3 - neither would appear correctly
in the output file.

--
Paul A. Burton