Re: greek symbols in eps files
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg12917] Re: greek symbols in eps files
- From: weber at math.uni-bonn.de (Matthias Weber)
- Date: Wed, 24 Jun 1998 03:44:37 -0400
- Organization: RHRZ - University of Bonn (Germany)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
In article <6m7fha$gpi at smc.vnet.net>, "Paul A. Burton"
<P.A.Burton at reading.ac.uk> wrote:
> Does anyone know how I can get greek symbols, used in axes labels, to
> appear in an eps output file?
> They appear if I use the PCL file format (using Display[..]), but not in
> ps or eps. I want to use the mathematica produced graphs in a latex
> document and so really need to use eps.
> I even tried avaoiding special symbols but it appears even "(" and ")"
> are regarded as special symbols in v3 - neither would appear correctly
> in the output file.
> Paul A. Burton
Using fonts is often a platform specific problem. For greek letters I
use the Symbol font. This works cross-platform for MacOs and Linux.
Prev by Date:
Re: hypergeometric function
Next by Date:
Pulling out certain order terms from a polynomial
Previous by thread:
greek symbols in eps files
Next by thread:
Fw: greek symbols in eps files