characterencoding

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg12932] characterencoding
  • From: Sean Ross <seanross at worldnet.att.net>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jun 1998 03:44:50 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

The commands ToCharacterCode and FromCharacterCode have an option
"CharacterEncoding", so that one can get codes in specific fonts.
Whenever the option is invoked, Mathematica looks in the

SystemFiles\CharacterEncoding

directory to see if the characterencoding is there.  In my particular
SystemFiles\CharacterEncoding, there are a number of fonts listed, but
by no means is every windows font listed.

It turns out I have a specialized need to use a font not listed in my
characterencoding directory.  Does anyone know how to tell mathematica
to make characterencoding files for all windows fonts?  Is such a thing
possible?