  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg12889] Pulling out certain order terms from a polynomial
  • From: "Rod Miller" <rlmiller at afit.af.mil>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jun 1998 03:44:14 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hell o everyone,

I am working with large series and am interetsted in only retaining
certain order  terms in the expansion.  Example, I expand a
multivariate function in du and dv in an 8th order series in du and dv.
I only want to keep the terms where the order of the term is 8 or less.
Does anyone know how to do this in Mathematica?

Rod Miller
rlmiller at afit.af.mil