Re: symbols in eps files?

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg12892] Re: symbols in eps files?
  • From: "P.J. Hinton" <paulh>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jun 1998 03:44:16 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at
On 17 Jun 1998, Paul A. Burton wrote:

> I want to use mathematica (v3.0) to produce graphs which I want to
> include in a latex document. The eps file format is ideally what I want
> to use but my graphs have greek characters in the axes labels which
> don't seem to be converted properly. Printing straight from mathematica
> or using the PCL file format both preserve the characters but I really
> need ps or eps. Any ideas?
> I even tried using what I believed were standard characters but EPS
> couldn't handle "(" or ")" either!

You need to make sure that the PostScript interpreter on your printer
has the Math fonts resident in memory.

See the FAQs at URLs:

A more detailed explanation of the problem can be found by searching
postings to this newsgroup on Deja News.

P.J. Hinton
Mathematica Programming Group           paulh at Wolfram
Research, Inc.