Re: symbols in eps files?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg12892] Re: symbols in eps files?
- From: "P.J. Hinton" <paulh>
- Date: Wed, 24 Jun 1998 03:44:16 -0400
- Organization: Wolfram Research, Inc.
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
On 17 Jun 1998, Paul A. Burton wrote: > I want to use mathematica (v3.0) to produce graphs which I want to > include in a latex document. The eps file format is ideally what I want > to use but my graphs have greek characters in the axes labels which > don't seem to be converted properly. Printing straight from mathematica > or using the PCL file format both preserve the characters but I really > need ps or eps. Any ideas? > I even tried using what I believed were standard characters but EPS > couldn't handle "(" or ")" either! You need to make sure that the PostScript interpreter on your printer has the Math fonts resident in memory. See the FAQs at URLs: http://www.wolfram.com/support/FrontEnds/Printing/PSProblems.html http://www.wolfram.com/support/Systems/All/ManualFontDownload.html A more detailed explanation of the problem can be found by searching postings to this newsgroup on Deja News. -- P.J. Hinton Mathematica Programming Group paulh at wolfram.com Wolfram Research, Inc. http://www.wolfram.com/~paulh/