Re: Is there an online documentation ???

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg12905] Re: Is there an online documentation ???
  • From: Arnoud Buzing <arnoudb>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jun 1998 03:44:28 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

Julius Bahr wrote:

> Hi everybody
> i`m seeking for an online-documentation of Mathematica for a beginner.
> I`m a college student who has to write an essay about fractals so I`d
> be also interrested in a book and/or online docu that covers that
> field. Your help is much appreciated, thanks in forward Greetings
> Julius

  I used the following 2 books in a scientific computing class, both
have some interesting
chapters on the computational aspects of chaos and fractals:

William T. Shaw, Jason Tigg: Applied Mathematica (Getting Started,
Getting It Done)
Addison-Wesley Publ. Comp, (c) 1994.

Richard E. Crandall: Projects In Scientific Computation Springer-Verlag,
(c) 1994.

A good university book store has these titles or will order them for

Arnoud B.