Known bugs in Linux notebook interface?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg12974] Known bugs in Linux notebook interface?
  • From: hsg at lem.phy.duke.edu (Henry S. Greenside)
  • Date: Sun, 28 Jun 1998 02:52:00 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Has anyone had trouble with the Mathematica 3.0 notebook under Linux
(Slackware with 2.0x kernel)? My colleagues and I have been finding
frustrating "bugs" in which invisible characters seem to get inserted
into the notebook Mathematica code. These cause syntax errors that go
away only when the text is deleted and retyped (looking identical on
the screen). These also cause undesired delete errors, e.g., trying to
delete a character might cause several lines of Mathematica code to be
deleted instead.

	Thanks,

	Henry