Known bugs in Linux notebook interface?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg12974] Known bugs in Linux notebook interface?
- From: hsg at lem.phy.duke.edu (Henry S. Greenside)
- Date: Sun, 28 Jun 1998 02:52:00 -0400
- Organization: Duke University, Durham, NC, USA
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Has anyone had trouble with the Mathematica 3.0 notebook under Linux (Slackware with 2.0x kernel)? My colleagues and I have been finding frustrating "bugs" in which invisible characters seem to get inserted into the notebook Mathematica code. These cause syntax errors that go away only when the text is deleted and retyped (looking identical on the screen). These also cause undesired delete errors, e.g., trying to delete a character might cause several lines of Mathematica code to be deleted instead. Thanks, Henry