Importing external grid file to do contour plot

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg13033] Importing external grid file to do contour plot
  • From: shon at vt.edu (Sophie Hon)
  • Date: Tue, 30 Jun 1998 00:26:30 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I'm trying to read an outside grid file into Mathematica in order to do
a contour plot.  It's a 50 by 50 grid, so that the data is arranged as
50 strings of 50 numbers.
Here is what I have so far, which I know does not work:

ReadList["Macintosh HD:Mathematica 3.0 Files:fish:aqc.grd",
Array[Number,{50,50}]]

I would appreciate your help very much. Sincerely,
Sophie Hon.