Re: help with cosine fft

  • To: mathgroup@smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg11258] Re: help with cosine fft
  • From: Paul Abbott <paul@physics.uwa.edu.au>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Mar 1998 01:39:18 -0500

Sharma wrote:

> I would like to implement a Cosine Fourier Transform on a set of data
> containing about 4000 elements and am having trouble writing the code
> to do it.  Can anyone help?  I know there is a built-in Fourier
> Transform algorithm, but I am specifically in performing a cosine
> fourier transform.  Thanks for your help.

In The Mathematica Journal 4(1): 81, Andrew Watson gives code for the
Discrete Cosine Transform.  All code for this journal issue is
available from MathSource at

http://www.mathsource.com/cgi-bin/MathSource/Publications/Periodicals/TheMathematicaJournal/0207-391

Cheers,
	Paul

The University of Western Australia            Nedlands WA  6907
mailto:paul@physics.uwa.edu.au  AUSTRALIA
http://www.pd.uwa.edu.au/~paul

            God IS a weakly left-handed dice player