Re: Exporting Graphics

Joel wrote:

> Without question, Mathematica is the greatest thing since sliced bread
> for doing modeling, data analysis and visualization.

> For all of its capability, I'm finding that something as fundamental
as
> exporting graphics for use in other applications (e.g., Word
documents)
> is really a pain. Is there any way to get true WYSIWYG plots saved to
> disk that can subsequently be imported into a non-Mathematica document
> without loss of resolution, bizarre resizings, mysterious font
> substitutions, etc.?

If all you need is exporting your graph to a document in, say, Word,
then you might try this: a) Select the cell where the graph is in your
 notebook, b) Edit | Copy As | Bitmap, c) go to your document, place
the  cursor where you want to place the graph, and d) Edit | Paste .
You may  resize your graph in the notebook before doing this so as to
have the  right size for your document layout. I have used this
without any  problem, and it works all right. Unless, of course, you
want very high  resolution for the end result, in which case you must
use other method  of exporting (EPS or Illustrator, etc.), but then
you would need  professional equipment.

Good luck,

Tomas Garza
Mexico City