Mathematics CD-ROM

Dear MathGroupers,

A CD-ROM for mathematicians is in the making. (Please see the attached message and website URL below.)

If you like to submit quality Mathematica material that is useful to mathematicians, please send them to Richard Palais (Brandeis & IAS)
<palaisbinah.cc.brandeis.edu> or Xah Lee <xah@best.com>. I'll be
serving as an assistant editor for Mathematica materials. Thanks.

 Xah, xah@best.com
 http://www.best.com/~xah/PageTwo_dir/more.html
 Mountain View, CA, USA

-------------------------------

CALL FOR CD-ROM SUBMISSIONS

Dear Fellow Mathematicians,

     We are editing a CD-ROM devoted largely to freely distributable
material of interest to mathematicians.

     Our first priority is to provide the electronic mathematics
journals with a durable distribution medium to complement the volatile
internet.

     Another important aim is to improve the organisation and
distribution of mathematical software produced by individual
mathematicians.

     For more details see our web page indicated below or send one of us
an email with "CD Info" in the title.

     We are writing at this time to solicit from our mathematical
colleagues proposals of material to be included on the CD-ROM. We hope
that each proposing mathematician will be willing to write a useful
signed review and arrange the material for the CD-ROM. He or she
should, at very least, put us in contact with the author, and indicate
other qualified experts.

     We eagerly and urgently await your proposals! Planned closure date:
15 April, 1998.

         Chris,            Dick,           Larry

* Krzysztof Burdzy (Seattle) <burdzy@math.washington.edu>,
  Editor for electronic journals