editing problems

I am a new user too.

There are some problems with Mathematica 3.0 / Win95.  Sometimes after
placing the cursor (with the mouse) at a definite position in an old
input notebook cell trying to edit the command of this line the new
characters are not placed at the position I placed the cursor, they are
placed in front of the command line. Or similar: Trying to delete a
character of a command line in an old input cell with the back+del-key
after placing the cursor into the command line the rest of the command
line after the positions I choosed is completely deleted.

Holger