sequencial function programming

  • To: mathgroup@smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg11753] sequencial function programming
  • From: Students <students@micsrv1.mic.dtu.dk>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Mar 1998 03:09:22 -0500

Hey
I'm trying to make a function that takes its sollution from a list of
piecewice definied differential equations. The last equation take its
inertial conditions from the second last equation and so forth. One way
to do this is to define the conditions in the following manner
x[s_(n-1)]==x[s_(n-1)] /. system[n-1][a1,a2] and then finally calling
the function by Function_x[N_][a1,a2]:=x[s_N] /. system[N][a1,a2] where
system[n-1] defines the previous systems of differential equations and
s_n is the inteface point between the n'th and the (n+1)'th systems. a1
and a2 are values used in solving the equations. Doing this with 10
systems of 5 equations it take a very long time to calculate each
instance of the function. Then the question is how do I force
Mathematica to calculate the first equation before trying to calculate
the next.

Thanks
Torben

Please reply using e-mail: c958038@student.dtu.dk