Mathematica Enhanced v 2.2.3 for MacIntosh - fully PPC natiave?

I would very much appreciate it if someone in this group could answer a
few questions for me about the version history of Mathematica for
MacIntosh.  Was version 2.2.3 a full conversion from the previous 68k
code to the PPC native code, or was it only a partial conversion?  Was
version 2.2.3 one of the last versions before version 3.0 came out?
Would there be much of a performance difference between version 2.2.3
and 3.0?

Any assistance on this issue will be greatly appreciated.

My email address is silver1@inreach.com.

Thank you,

Silver Jones