Re: ListPlot + Colors

  • To: mathgroup@smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg12199] Re: ListPlot + Colors
  • From: Sean Ross <seanross@worldnet.att.net>
  • Date: Fri, 1 May 1998 03:08:48 -0400

John M. Jowett wrote:

> >Hello,
> >     Our ColorListPlot  package could be used for such a purpose.
> >You can get it from
> >
> >http://wwwslap.cern.ch/~jowett/Madtomma/Mfs/ColorListPlot.html
>
> John Jowett

Thanks for the information, but I regard the ColorListPlot as inadequate
as well.  I want full control of color as a function of x,y and z
coordinates specified in a ColorFunction type construct.  At present,
the 3-D graphs in mathematica only give that kind of control as a
function of z.  The 2-D don't give any such options.  ColorListPlot
progresses through the Hues as a function of the path length of the
curve.  This is a wonderful step in the right direction, but still does
not give me full color control.  As soon as I can figure out how to
write packages and manipulate options, I plan to write such a function.
Maybe you will beat me to it and earn my eternal gratitude.  Sean