Re: Does Win98 scandisk work with 3.0?

  • To: mathgroup@smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg12235] Re: Does Win98 scandisk work with 3.0?
  • From: "Dr Paul E Howland" <PEHowland@dera.gov.uk>
  • Date: Tue, 5 May 1998 03:29:31 -0400

I haven't had any problems with scandisk and Mathematica under Windows
95 anyway - but I think this is because I have Windows 95 OSR2 (the
latest release of Windows 95) which uses FAT32 disk formatting.

As one of the selling points of Windows 98 is FAT32, I suspect the
scandisk will "work properly" under 98.  By the way, does anyone know
what the difference between Windows95 OSR2 and Windows 98 is anyway
(OSR2 already supports FAT32, USB ports and the active desktop)?!

Paul