RE: Re: Compile less

I get the same problem  (see below). __________________________

In[1]:=
eigenvls=Compile[{{mat,_Real,2}},Eigenvalues[mat]];
m={{2.2,4.3},{5.3,3.1}};

In[2]:=
eigenvls[m]

CompiledFunction::"ccts":
    "Expression \!\({7.44504953050539342`, \(-2.14504953050539404`\)}\)
\ should be a machine-size tensor with correct rank and type."
CompiledFunction::"cfex":
    "External evaluation error at instruction \!\(3\); proceeding with \
uncompiled evaluation."

Out[2]=
{7.44505,-2.14505}
______________________________

I looked up Compile at:
http://www.wolfram.com/support/Kernel/Symbols/findsymbol.cgi

This web page has a list of about 120 commands supported by Compile, but
gave now hint as how to deal with the message about ..... tensor with
correct rank an type .....

I suggest  you forget about doing Eigenvalues inside Compile because it
isn't one of the roughly 120 commands supported by Compile.

Maybe the experts at Wolfram Research will have more to say.

Ted Ersek

|  Actaully i do have a problem. When i try to include an "Eigenvalues"
|function inside compile, it always returns something like "rank of
|reult is different that tank of object". I do define my argument as a
|rank 2 object, but still i failed to get a code which compiles a
module |of eigenvalues calculation. Any help is greatly appreciated,
even if |this help is "this cannot be done". Thanks in advance. Ahmed
Maarouf |