Re: Viewing 3D slices of data

  • To: mathgroup@smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg12464] Re: Viewing 3D slices of data
  • From: Paul Abbott <paul@physics.uwa.edu.au>
  • Date: Tue, 19 May 1998 13:31:32 -0400

Jethro H Greene wrote:

> What is the best way to view slices of 3-dimensional data in
> Mathematica?  For example, if I have a 3D array of data, how can I view
> slices of it along a given plane or surface?  My initial thoughts are
> to use ParametricPlot3D to generate the surface and some function of
> InterpolatingFunction configured with my data for the color.  However,
> I cannot figure out how to get the colors.  Could someone please
> suggest a method? Also, what is the best way to view isosurfaces?

One way to view isosurfaces is to use ListContourPlot3D which is
included in the Graphics`ContourPlot3D` package.

Cheers,
	Paul

The University of Western Australia            Nedlands WA  6907
mailto:paul@physics.uwa.edu.au  AUSTRALIA
http://www.pd.uwa.edu.au/~paul

            God IS a weakly left-handed dice player