Re: Groebner Bases

Colin L C Fu wrote:

> Hello, folks,
>
> I tried to do some readings on Groebner Basis and I did search through
> some of the 'Algebra' books but I couldnt find anything about Groebner
> Basis in those books.
>
> I just wonder if any of you know of any books on Groebner Basis or I
> haved looked into the wrong books to find Groebner Basis. Please
> advise.
>
> Thanks
>
> Colin

--------------------------------------- From: Daniel Lichtblau <danl>
To: mathgroup@smc.vnet.net
Subject: [mg12634] [mg11683] Re: [mg11635] RE: Re: FindRoot

   A useful web site for tutorials:

   http://www.can.nl/CA_Library/Groebner/Tutorials/index.html

   For the Mathematica take on these, you could try "Groebner bases in
   Mathematica 3.0" by myself, The Mathematica
   Journal Vol 6 issue 4 (Fall 1996) pp 81-88. It does not assume alot
of
   knowledge on the part of the reader, although it may be easier to
   follow for those with some university algebra background.

   For a good general, if technical, intro to Groebner bases, I
recommend
   highly all three text book references given in the article cited
above,
   as well as the Buchberger survey article. Abbreviated references for
   these books:

   Cox, Little, O'Shea, "Ideals, Varieties, Algorithms"

   Becker and Weispfenning (with Kredel) "Groebner Bases"

   Adams and Loustaunau, "An Introduction to Groebner Bases"

   Daniel Lichtblau
   Wolfram Research

dl