Problem printing with Mathematica 3.0.0 under MacOS 8.5
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg14640] Problem printing with Mathematica 3.0.0 under MacOS 8.5
- From: Wagner Truppel <wtruppel at uci.edu>
- Date: Wed, 4 Nov 1998 13:47:08 -0500
- -1206817451message-id: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I just installed MacOS 8.5 and now I can't print from Mathematica 3.0.0 (and only from Mathematica 3.0.0 - all other applications print fine). Whenever I try to print a notebook, background printing gets started, pagination is done fine, then I get the first dialog that says
"Spooling page #1 to disk for background printing", then the second
dialog, reading "Now printing page 1. To cancel, press
Command-period." So far, so good.
But, soon after this second dialog appears, I get a third dialog box with the error mesage: "An error has ocurred. (ID = -109)", at which point my only choice is to press the only button available, Cancel, and I'm back to the notebook, without any printing being performed.
Has anyone had any similar problems? Does anyone know what ID = - 109 represents?
I'm running Mathematica 3.0.0 on a PowerComputing PowerCenter Pro 180 with MacOS 8.5 and a StyleWriter 1200.
Thank you in advance. Wagner