Re: the Chinese Remainder Theorem

"Robert G. Wilson v, PhD ATP" <rgwv at SouthWind.Net> writes:

>Et al,

>        Has any one out there programmed a NB for the Chinese Remainder
>Theorem?  Would very much appreciate the help on this and any other
>Number Theory apps.

>Sincerely,

>Bob.

Hi,

thats easy ;-)

In[1]:= <<NumberTheory`NumberTheoryFunctions`

In[2]:= ?ChineseRemainderTheorem

ChineseRemainderTheorem[list1, list2] gives the minimal non-negative
integer solution of Mod[r, list2] == list1.

Fred
--
Fred Hucht, Institute of Theoretical Physics, University of Duisburg,
Germany Email: fred at thp.Uni-Duisburg.DE