- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg14703] Vector Fields
- From: David Farrelly <david at jalapeno.chem.usu.edu>
- Date: Sun, 8 Nov 1998 21:15:58 -0500
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I have a couple of questions that I'd appreciate some suggestions on;
(i) I can't get PlotVectorField to work on Mathematica running
on a PC. Basically I can't figure out what packages
to load based on what the manual says.
(ii) Does anyone know how to plot a vector field on a sphere.
What I'd like to do is to represent fluid flow using colors
to represent the fluid density and arrows to represent the
vector field. This is done on the surface of a sphere (it is
a quantum mechanical probability current rather than a real
fluid). If anyone knows of non Mathematica ways of doing
this I'd also be interested.
Prev by Date:
Next by Date:
Previous by thread:
Next by thread:
Re: Vector Fields