Vector Fields

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg14703] Vector Fields
  • From: David Farrelly <david at>
  • Date: Sun, 8 Nov 1998 21:15:58 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

I have a couple of questions that I'd appreciate some suggestions on;

(i) I can't get PlotVectorField to work on Mathematica running
    on a PC. Basically I can't figure out what packages
    to load based on what the manual says.

(ii) Does anyone know how to plot a vector field on a sphere.
     What I'd like to do is to represent fluid flow using colors
     to represent the fluid density and arrows to represent the
     vector field. This is done on the surface of a sphere (it is
     a quantum mechanical probability current rather than a real
     fluid). If anyone knows of non Mathematica ways of doing
     this I'd also be interested.

David Farrelly