Display-Function and FilledPlot

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg14737] Display-Function and FilledPlot
  • From: phbrf at (Peter Breitfeld)
  • Date: Wed, 11 Nov 1998 17:53:40 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

If I start a Mathematica-session (Mathematica 3.0 on Linux) and enter
the following:

In[1]=<< Graphics`FilledPlot`

Display return the following error-message: Graphics::"optx": "Unknown
option AxesFront in

I have to Abort the command then, because it doesn't stop running.

I know that FilledPlot provides the new option AxesFront.

Exporting the picture with Edit/SaveSelectionAs/EPS works, but I prefere
Display over the Edit way, because Display creates smaller epsfiles (in
this example Display makes a size of 2964 byte and exporting via the
Edit-menu gives 14388 Bytes)
is this a known problem?

es gruesst

  P e t e r  B r e i t f e l d              eMail: phbrf at
  Kreuzgasse 4, 88348 Saulgau, Germany      PGP public key: 08548045