A problem about Integration:
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg14823] A problem about Integration:
- From: Oguzhan Gurlu <gurlu at ug.fen.bilkent.edu.tr>
- Date: Wed, 18 Nov 1998 01:29:28 -0500
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
While i am trying to integrate Mathematica lets the constants to be complex. so isn't there a way to define variables to be Real and largen than 0. My problem is quite funny . here it is: Integarete[a function, then give assumptions like: Im[z]==0 && Im[b]==0 && a>0 && b>0 ..... and so on] But the result is something like: If[Im[a+b]==0 && (a+b)>0 && (-a-b)<0 .... and such nonsense things ...] Can any one helpm me with this problem. Thanks for all. Oguzhan.