Modifying the Mathematica menus

I know how to modify the menus in the frontend by altering the
MenuSetup.tr file and re-loading. However, I wonder if it possible to
alter the menus on the fly using frontend commands. This would be much
nicer for package writers (and end users!) because the installation
files would remain unchanged.

David Bailey
Salford Software