Artlandia: student version

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg14835] Artlandia: student version
  • From: Artlandia Info <artlandia at artlandia.com>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Nov 1998 02:14:21 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

By popular demand, we have released the student version of our software.

For those who missed the prior announcements, Artlandia(TM) is a
Mathematica-based application for creating mathematical and algorithmic
art.

In addition to traditional graphic design tools (such as  graphics
transformations or utilities for creating wallpaper patterns),
Artlandia features the built-in artificial intelligence algorithms that
enhance the attractiveness of images and lend them a pleasing natural
touch. As an example, simple commands exist for creating, and applying,
natural color combinations -- or incorporating a carefully weighted,
spatially correlated randomness into an algorithmic image.

Artlandia is a professional-grade tool that has been extensively used
for surface design, particularly textile design. The software is also
geared to the needs of mathematical hobbyists and educator's
communities.

Here are a few relevant links to the Artlandia web site:

http://www.artlandia.com ... main entrance,
http://www.artlandia.com/software/gallery ... graphics gallery,
http://www.artlandia.com/software/program/anatomy.html
        ... a typical Artlandia program,
http://www.artlandia.com/software ... main software page.

Artlandia requires Mathematica 3.0 or higher. It is available for all
platforms that run Mathematica.

For more information visit our web site or contact us directly at
artlandia at artlandia.com.

Artlandia, Inc.