Mechanical Systems Problem
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg14837] Mechanical Systems Problem
- From: Richard Cooper <Richard.Cooper at warwick.ac.uk>
- Date: Fri, 20 Nov 1998 02:14:22 -0500
- Organization: Department of Computer Science, Warwick University, England
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Hi All, Here's a question. Is it possible to use the app "Mechanical Systems" to model a system where the velocity of a body depends on it's location? For example, Say I have a body moving along a line which starts with a velocity of 4 m/s and has a constant (unknown) deceleration which brings it to a stop 25 m from the start point. Can I model this system (and find the deceleration) or is it outside the scope of Mechanical Systems? Thanks in advance, Rich.