Re: Linking Mathematica and Java
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg14873] Re: Linking Mathematica and Java
- From: tgayley at mcs.net (Todd Gayley)
- Date: Mon, 23 Nov 1998 10:11:52 -0500
- Organization: MCSNet Services
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
On 20 Nov 1998 02:40:09 -0500, Richard Cooper <csubu at dcs.warwick.ac.uk>
>Can anyone help me get Java to talk to Mathematica. I assume that they
>can be linked using JNI and MathLink. Has anybody written code to do
>Also, is it possible to do it in a platform independent way (as both
>Java and Mathematica are) with out having to use C/C++ as a wrapper
>around the MathLink calls?
I am in the middle of a major project linking Mathematica and Java via
MathLink. As you suspect, it uses JNI, and I cannot envision a way to
do it that doesn't involve some platform-specific code, as you need to
call the plaform-specific MathLink library at some point. My project
has only one platform-dependent component, a shared library that is
built from a single completely portable C file.
I will post a message to this group as the project nears completion.
Prev by Date:
Re: Exact value of Cos[Pi/17]
Next by Date:
HELP! I'm gonna go postal...
Previous by thread:
Linking Mathematica and Java
Next by thread:
Wrong behaviour in package Algebra`AlgebraicInequalities`