defining bounded variable?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg14906] defining bounded variable?
- From: Scott-o <sbw at rice.edu>
- Date: Wed, 25 Nov 1998 17:48:26 -0500
- Organization: Rice U
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Hello all, I've got a really simple question... does anyone out there know how to define a bounded variable in mathematica? For example, I've got this function for which I am trying to determine if the derivative is positive, and two of the variables in the function are probablities and thus bounded between 0 and 1. Because I haven't bounded the probability variables, the derivative is positive under some conditions and negative under some conditions. Is there any way I can tell mathematica that these variables can only be between 0 and 1? Please reply to sbw at rice.edu Thanks, Scott