Re: Importing Graphics into a table

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg14909] Re: Importing Graphics into a table
  • From: paulh (P.J. Hinton)
  • Date: Wed, 25 Nov 1998 17:48:30 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

In article <73d30n$i8i at smc.vnet.net>, "Christopher Gorski"
<cgorski at adelphia.net> writes:

|> I'm trying to convert a black and white graphic to a table of 0s or
1s |> depending on the pixel color.  I have several images in bitmap
format |> that I would like to analyze, but I can't figure out how to
get |> Mathematica to convert the bitmaps into a table.  For example, a
|> 100x200 b and w image would yield a 100x200 table of 0s and 1s.  I
am |> also interested in learning how to process grayscale images.

Can you clarify the origins and state of the bitmap files?  For
example, were the bitmaps generated by the notebook front end by
converting a graphics cell to a bitmap from a menu command?  Or  were
the files created by a third-party application, and you want to import
the graphic into the Mathematica kernel?  What is the  format of the
bitmap (e.g. TIFF, JPEG, GIF, etc.)?  What platform are you working on?

--
P.J. Hinton
Mathematica Programming Group		paulh at wolfram.com Wolfram Research,