Pure Function

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg14897] Pure Function
  • From: Wilson Figueroa <wfigueroa at GI.COM>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Nov 1998 17:48:19 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi all,

Similar to hitting CTRL-SHIFT-N to make a cell into pretty format, is
there such a thing to make a defined cell into a pure function.

The reason I am asking is that I implemented the Chudnovsky (I hope I
have that correct) method for calculating the digits of Pi.
Mathematica uses this technique, but when I did timing comparisions,
the Mathematica one blew mine away.  I think it has something to do
with the Mathematica being implemented as a compiled procedure or pure
function.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Wilson Figueroa