- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg14897] Pure Function
- From: Wilson Figueroa <wfigueroa at GI.COM>
- Date: Wed, 25 Nov 1998 17:48:19 -0500
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Similar to hitting CTRL-SHIFT-N to make a cell into pretty format, is
there such a thing to make a defined cell into a pure function.
The reason I am asking is that I implemented the Chudnovsky (I hope I
have that correct) method for calculating the digits of Pi.
Mathematica uses this technique, but when I did timing comparisions,
the Mathematica one blew mine away. I think it has something to do
with the Mathematica being implemented as a compiled procedure or pure
flip at aznet.net
Prev by Date:
Re: HELP! I'm gonna go postal...
Next by Date:
Re: Importing Graphics into a table
Previous by thread:
evaluating bounded functions
Next by thread:
Blue screen of death after installing NT4SP4