See

http://www.wolfram.com/support/FrontEnds/System/Fonts/

If these do not help, you should probably contact tech support.

support at wolfram.com

-Dale

Stud wrote in message <73d3ap$i9m at smc.vnet.net>... Hi,
I am new with Mathematica.  I just installed version 3 for windows.  I
don't know what happened somehow I can't get the bracket and
parenthesis going. Whenever I did "shift 9 or shift 0," it gave me L or
H..... And the []s gives me only letters.  Is there a setting that
determines keyboard layout or option to change?  Thank you very much
for your help.  I would appreciate it if you could email me the
solution to me directly to kangchun at umich.edu. Thank you very much.